What’s the worst that could happen when you have sex? Probably, if you’re like most everyone else, you’re worried about getting pregnant. But did you know that every single time you have sex, you’re actually 4 times more likely to get an STD than you are of getting pregnant?
Did you also know…
- STDs can be passed through all forms of sex and/or intimate skin-to-skin contact including intercourse, outercourse, oral sex, anal sex, and mutual masturbation.
- If you’re 15-24 years old, you are at the highest risk for getting an STD.
- Some STDs cannot be cured – you will have them for the rest of your life!
- Some STDs cause permanent damage – like infertility (not physically able to have kids in the future) or even death.
- You might have an STD without even knowing it! Some STDs are sneaky and do not always have noticeable symptoms. They can infect you or your partner without either of you knowing – yikes!
This information is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional medical advice.